We Accommodate Children
Aged 8 and Up
If you’re planning a family vacation to the Caribbean Coast, your family will feel safe and right at home at Hotel Aguas Claras.
That’s because we’re a small, boutique hotel with “Ocean-side” beach access and our very own Beach Club.
On this side of Puerto Viejo, our stretch of beach on Playa Chiquita feels private and exclusive. Your crew will love spending their days hanging out at DaLime Beach Club Restaurant & Bar. Swimming and snorkeling in our warm, clear waters.
Our atmosphere is intentionally easy-going. So rest assured you can all go with the flow.
When you’re ready to explore Puerto Viejo, we’re happy to do the planning. Let us arrange a bike, hike or kayak tour. Or take a peek into the life of the indigenous people of Costa Rica on a tour of the BriBri Reserve.
If this is your first time on the Caribbean Side of Costa Rica, we know you’ll have lots of questions.
Talk to our Family Vacation Specialists. We’ll give you our best recommendations along the way.
Hotel Aguas Claras For Families
- Best luxury beach hotel in Puerto Viejo for families. A serene and colorful oasis for families who love to chill
- “Ocean-side” beach access to Playa Chiquita via our private gate & pathway. You’ll never have to walk across the road to get to the beach
- Full Bar & Restaurant Service right on the beach. At our DaLime Beach Club, excellent beach-side drinks and eats are available daily 10AM-5PM
- Complimentary “Banana Seat” Bicycles. For leisurely bike rides into Puerto Viejo town, Punta Eva and Manzanillo
- Spot wildlife — monkeys, parrots, iguanas and more — right on our grounds
- High-Speed WIFI. So that you always feel connected
We Accommodate Children Aged 8 and Up
Best Advice for Families
We want you to have the best family vacation in Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica. That’s why, we’ve put together a few pieces of our best advice.
- Most families arrange a full itinerary with us. This means we pick you up at the airport, take you directly to Hotel Aguas Claras, and help you get around once you’re here.
- Family of 5 or more? We recommend booking Casa Floralia, or a 2 Bedroom Bungalow with an additional bed for ample space & comfort.
- Most families stay at least 3-4 nights in Puerto Viejo. We find families who stay fewer nights often feel rushed. They wish they stayed longer to do more activities and get in enough chill time at DaLime Beach Club and Playa Chiquita.
- Best Swimming & Snorkeling Beaches in Puerto Viejo. We recommend Punta Uva, it’s amazing and feels just like a pool, no rocks or reefs. Also Playa Chiquita, for its calm and clear, warm waters.
- Use our Tour Planning Service. Especially if you’d prefer to arrive with a loose itinerary or don’t enjoy planning. We’ll make it happen.
- Older Children & Teens? We find Teenagers like a fun challenge by snorkeling at Playa Chiquita or at Cahuita National Park. Or kayaking and hiking in Punta Eva.
Families Love Us
Why Choose Hotel Aguas Claras
Beach Access to Playa Chiquita
Chill Time at DaLime Beach Club
Complimentary "Banana" Bikes & Snorkeling Gear
We'll Get You to Puerto Viejo & Plan Every Detail
"By far the best hotel in the area..."
“We stayed five nights and were simply amazed at the attention to detail in the rooms and in the service. We can’t wait to go back!”
– Erin, New York